You might have heard that saying, ‘It’s never too late’ (Found it cliché?) What if I tell you that it’s not and you can start from the scratch even at the age of 40?
Welcome Gratisouls, to the third episode of my CONFUSED LIFE Series. You can read the previous two blogs here, in case you missed out…
Now, first, let me tell you about your recipe to success and which ingredients you’ll require.
YOUR 2-INGREDIENT RECIPE
The two major ingredients that you’ll require are-
1. Will Power
YES, THAT’S ALL YOU REQUIRE TO MAKE A SUPER SUCCESS RECIPE OF YOUR OWN.
AGE IS JUST A NUMBER
Often people say that as we grow old, we lose the power to be courageous, try something new and hence continue with our monotonous life. Well, honestly I don’t know why do people say this because I’m still in my twenties, but I feel that this is just an excuse people make to not give their dream a fair try. AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. (Waddup blog reference, it was my first blog!!)
These are some of the common excuses people give to themselves… Have you given any of these excuses to yourself?
“But how to start and what can I do now?”
“I’m 44 I don’t know anything about how this technology works.”
“It’s too complicated!!”
“I’m too old for this!!”
“I don’t want to take any risk, what if it doesn’t work?”
I’ll give you a real-life example if you want to gain some courage to work for your dreams…
MY MOM BECAME AN ENTREPRENEUR
My mom has been a homemaker for almost all of her life span. She dedicated herself selflessly towards building another empire, called ‘OUR HOME’. This office comprises of an assistant who always assists others before her own work, a chef who cooks deliciously, a manager who manages everything and everyone, an HR who decides the basic code of conduct of the office and the CEO who basically looks out for everyone. And all of these above roles are played by my super mom 365 days 24*7! (All the homemakers out there, applaud yourselves because you deserve it!!)
I personally wanted her to work and follow her dreams which she sacrificed to up bring her kids aka me and my brother. So, one fine day my father who is a businessman got an opportunity for investing and leading a play-school.
My father was willing to invest in it but he didn’t have enough time to run a playschool. So, we all forced mom to do it. And, naturally, her first reaction was like that of a nervous child who was going to the school for the first time. But, after a lot of convincing, my mom decided to give it a try!
THE JOURNEY BEGINS…
She started her professional journey of becoming the managing director of that school. She learned how the professional world works. And this didn’t come to her easily. It was followed by a lot of heartbreaks, setbacks and people ditching her for their personal interest! But she is a strong woman who didn’t give up easily and continued to run the school successfully and it’s been 4 years now!
SO, WHO SAID THAT IT’S TOO LATE FOR YOU TO BEGIN?
WONDERING WHAT COULD BE YOUR OPTIONS?
Here is a list of all the possible options that you can choose from and begin your dream journey!!
1. BAKER– You don’t need to work for somebody and first gain experience for that. Just start at your home. All you need is a desire to learn and bake beautiful delicacies. Rest leave it on social media. (Just Instagram that cute little cupcake you made and see how people will come rushing to your page to order and gobble!!
2. BLOGGING– All you need to start your own blogging website is your wise knowledge about any topic of your interest! Yes, it’s that simple to begin and that too hassle-free! Just YouTube how to start your own blog and you might find 50 videos ready to help you out!
3. GARDENING- Are you a person who is fascinated by the greenery and nature? Then make a terrace garden of yours, and you can either sell those beautiful plants online or offline or you can make a YouTube channel of yours where you can show people how to open a terrace garden and bless mother nature with your professional skills to make this world greener every day!!
4. COOKING CLASSES– Are you the MasterChef of your house and want to spread this amazing skill of yours? All you have to do is register online on websites providing these services and you can teach the aspiring chefs either online or you can teach them at your premises, whatever that suits you!
5. WORK AT AN NGO– Did you always had this desire to give back to the underprivileged but never got enough time? Well, now Is your time!! Join an NGO, devote your time with them and learn and grow professionally as well as personally!!
6. DIETITIAN- If ‘eat healthily, live healthily’ is your motto of life, then dietitian is ‘the choice’ for you. Since you already have enough practical knowledge by regulating yours as well as your family’s diet now all you need is some theoretical knowledge and you’re good to start your own clinic or work under someone first.
7. ONLINE TUTOR- You can work from the comfort of your home, avoiding stressful commutes and overlong workdays, and many companies that employ online tutors also offer benefits like dental and health insurance. There are many options like Superprof, Urbanpro, Tutor.com, etc.
8. FITNESS TRAINER– Have you been one of those ‘gym-freaks’ sweating your body in your early twenties but somehow stopped going? Well, now you can continue from where you left but this time as an experienced professional.
9. DANCE/ MUSIC TEACHER- Were you the best singer/dancer of your university and always wanted to perform or teach your skills to others? Go listen to your heart this time and make your past dream a present reality.
10. ENTREPRENEUR- You always wanted to start your own business but never got the time or enough financial aid to make your dream a reality? Now is your time. Make your own entrepreneurial success story and start your own business with your own savings and you can start with anything that is of your interest or is in high demand in today’s time.
It’s you that wants to make a change, but it’s also you that’s your biggest obstacle.
GO BREAK THOSE OLD BELIEFS OF OTHERS AND YOURSELVES OF BEING ‘TOO OLD FOR ANYTHING’. TRUST ME YOU’LL THANK YOURSELF LATER THAT YOU TOOK THIS FIRST STEP.
PHYSICALLY YOU MIGHT BE IN YOUR FORTIES BUT MENTALLY JUST CELEBRATE YOUR YOUTHFUL 21 AND GO GET IT!!
Also, if you want some other life-related confusions of yours to be solved just write them in the comments below and I’ll make them a part of this series!
Until then, live positively and happily!