Howdy Gratisouls? Well, it was my birthday a few weeks back and when you are in your early twenties, your birthday gives you a feeling of mixed emotions! I used to love my birthday as a kid, I still do though ( because that’s the only day in the year where you are the star of the day, haha) but there is this reality check that you are growing into an adult and you gotta start acting responsibly after your ‘star-night’ comes to an end (or at least pretend to act mature haha)
What’s Your Type?
Is there any formula for this? If there is, I’ll surely want to know about it (haha). But there is no right or wrong formula for this. You just watch other petrified ‘adults’ around you and act accordingly. Maybe that’s why it is said that you should choose your people wisely because that’s how you’ll eventually turn out to be.
YOUR VIBE ATTRACTS YOUR TRIBE.
If you are surrounded by aimless people, no matter how much career-driven you are, you’ll eventually develop this ‘laid-back’ attitude and vice versa.
Traits of An Adult In the Making
1) Constantly trying to juggle between maintaining social, private and work life all at once.
2) Facing a mid-life crisis and constantly being asked by other ‘adults’ about your future plans and still figuring out how to escape that one question.
3) Chilling with your friends one day like there is no tomorrow, and trying to make it through the rest of the day at work the next day.
4) Trying to eat healthily and stay fit for an entire week but ending up with a double cheese pizza and a chilled drink by the weekend.
5) HYDRATING THEMSELVES AND LEARNING THE IMPORTANCE OF DRINKING WATER (which I am still bad at haha)
If you find these traits in yourself, congratulations you are turning out to become a good adult (haha).
Do’s and Dont’s for an Adult
1) Don’t think that if your friends are not making time for you that means that they don’t care for you anymore. They still do, it’s just that they are also figuring out a way out to sort their lives, just like you. So, don’t feel all ‘lonely and I-have-no-one’ kinda attitude. You still have them and always will.
2) Do make a point to check on them irrespective of the fact that you are busy or not. Your work will always be there but they might need you too. So, try to be there for them. It can be via text, phone call, facetime or meeting them in person. These little efforts do matter, and always will.
3) Don’t neglect your parents or your family in this transformation period of yours. Just remember, if you are growing old, so are they. Try to make a point to take out at least an hour from your ‘hectic schedule’ for them. Trust me that’s all they need, no monetary possessions, no vacations, just you by their side.
4) Do have a role model, who constantly inspires you to become a better individual every day. They could be your parents, your elder sibling, your senior in your office or any person who motivates you to become a good person. Having a role model makes the process of ‘adulting’ a bit easy because you just have to look up to them, follow their footsteps and guidelines and you are halfway there. Rest depends on your hard work and luck.
We all Are Imperfect Adults
In this transformation period, we tend to find a lot of new things about us. Somethings which we never knew about ourselves, and we have to accept them too because everything that we are, we see, we think is who we are as an individual and that’ll eventually make us mature and wise (hopefully, haha)
Well, that being said, I still believe that at the end of the day we all are just imperfect humans striving for perfection or at least somewhere near to it. Just have faith, trust, and strength in your inner abilities that you can make it through. It’s not that hard. Our parents did it, so can we.
At last, for all those ‘adults’ out there, I’ll state a dialogue from my favorite series F.R.I.E.N.D.S, by Monica Geller a.k.a Courtney Cox, “Welcome to the real world, it sucks, you’re gonna love it”.
If you want to share your experiences you are free to do so in the comments below!!
Also, if You also love F.R.I.E.N.D.S., then you should definitely watch this video…
WE WERE ON A BREAK- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gWOlJlANg
Until then, live positively and happily!