Are you in your late 40’s and want to start/ re-start your career, follow your passion but too afraid and confused about how to take that first step? (One life, million options!!)
Do you think about yourself as a big-time procrastinator and feel guilty every time you take your responsibilities or career for granted?
It’s okay to feel confused sometimes…
Are you in your early 20’s and feel anxious when you see your friends working towards their goals while you are facing repeated bad experiences professionally and confused about how to go on?
Are you in school but want to pursue a creative field in your college and want to gain the courage to tell this to your family?
Do you want a healthy lifestyle but you are in a loving relationship with all the junk food?
Do you get discouraged/ disheartened when you see other people on social media ‘living their best life’ while you are in your pajama’s eating yesterday’s pizza (which is delicious btw, so your life is not at all miserable as you think it is, haha) and wondering how will you ever have that life?
If your answer to any of the above questions is a ‘YES’ then continue reading it to find your respective answers, if it’s a ‘NO’ then you can share some professional advice in the comments below on how you are such a confusion-free and a confident Gratisoul… haha!!
If you are Procrastinator confused about how to go on in life, then read this…
Okay, first of all, its honesty hour, so I’ll let you know that If you feel guilty when you procrastinate when your mind wants to work but the body wants to rest, I feel you because I am a big-time procrastinator who wants to achieve a lot but trapped in a lazy body. I probably am yawning while writing this blog because my mind is saying ‘complete this blog you lazy-ass’ while my heart wants to ‘Netflix and chill’ (haha)
So, let one ‘hard-working procrastinator’ (if that’s even a term, haha) give some advice to another…
1) Whenever I feel lazy, I give myself sufficient time to relax first without feeling guilty and then start working because by doing this my body feels all charged up to even pull an all-nighter if the work demands.
2) I make plenty of short-term goals rather than making one long term goal. These short-term goals feel more achievable and eventually brings me closer to my long-term goal.
3) I reward myself after every short-term goal. For example, after finishing this blog I probably might take a Netflix break for a while or might treat myself up with a bar of dark chocolate or coffee. (Do whatever suits you)
4) Make a planner one night before. I stopped this practice after college but will start it from tomorrow because I have been lazing around to get myself those ‘sticky-notes’ (yeah, I want to feel professional even if I can’t be one at the moment, haha). Write what you will do the next day, the night before and tick off everything as soon as you complete it. You’ll feel more energized to complete your next goal.
5) Push yourself to complete all the written tasks. If you couldn’t complete those tasks due to any circumstances you have to punish yourself like you’ve been treating yourself you gotta do this punishing honestly too. Like if you couldn’t complete one task which you planned to do, no social media check for you. You have to complete your task for that ‘Instagram-scroll’.
YOU KNOW YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
We are our best judge. We know what is good and bad for us and we have absolute control over ourselves. If you don’t have control over yourself, don’t worry and start meditating. Trust me, it’ll do wonders to your body in ways you can’t even imagine!! Start with 15 minutes, and then increase it as per your schedule. Give yourself positive affirmations while you meditate which will help you to kick-start your day with confidence and positive morale.
And, in order to accomplish more, you have to push yourself. Treat yourself if you complete your tasks and punish yourself (and by punish I don’t mean that you have to beat or hit yourself. You can punish yourself by not eating junk food unless you finish your work, that kind of punishment okay? Haha) if you couldn’t but make sure to complete those unfinished tasks soon.
TURNING THIS BLOG INTO A SERIES (#TVBuff)
Since this blog has become so long and some of you procrastinators might have dozed off in the middle of reading it, which btw I don’t mind even if you have dozed off because as I said, I feel you!! (haha), so I’ll be answering those above questions in my next blog and let’s make it a series, because why not?
If you are confused, then share your Problems And Get Answers
So, if you have any other questions apart from these above-written ones, you can write them in the comments below, and I’ll be as helpful as I can (Haha). Just kidding, you can write whatever that’s bothering you in life and I’ll answer them and let’s help each other because that’s what Gratisoul community is for, right?
Apart from that, I upload a new video on my YouTube channel EVERY FRIDAY!! Are you following me there Gratisouls?
Follow the link to watch this video and comment there if you know these tips for Self-care or not?
Youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rv1TisJhMI
Until then live positively and happily and wait for my next blog episode where I’ll be answering some other questions!!